The Wright - Dunbar Visitor Center
PHASED IN OPENING
Site #’s 1a, 1b, and 1c:
The Wright-Dunbar Interpretive Center and Aviation Trail Visitor Center, Aviation Trail Parachute Museum and the Wright Cycle Company have instituted a phased in opening approach, with limited operations and hours. For details and the latest updates see the NPS plan to a phased in opening on the Dayton Aviation Heritage National Historical Park Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/DaytonAviationNPS/ and CLICK HERE to see an NPS announcement about modified Wright Cycle Company tours. The park phone number is (937) 225-7705.
Also see NPS statements at
For other sites on the Aviation Trail, see the posting on the "Aviation Blog" page on this website for their status. Status is subject to change on a day-to-day basis.
16 South Williams Street
Dayton, OH 45402
PLEASE NOTE: The hours listed below are the normal hours for summer and winter, but during the current COVID-19 precautions, the phased in opening hours shown on the right are the current park hours.
Dayton's National Park Summer Hours:
Hours: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
*Open every day -- Sunday through Saturday
Summer Hours - from March through October
2020 Summer Hours begin on Sunday, March 1, 2020
Dayton's National Park Winter Hours:
CLOSED on Mondays and Tuesdays
Open 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, Wednesday through Sunday
Winter Hours for 2020-2021 will begin in Nov. of 2020 and continue through February of 2021
Closed on the following holidays: Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, and New Year's Day.
For details and seasonal date schedules see https://www.nps.gov/daav/planyourvisit/hours.htm
or please call (937) 225-7705 for the current park schedule.
*The park schedule changes due to inclement weather and seasonal hours during the fall/ winter months.
The above hours apply to both Wright Dunbar Interpretive Center
and Huffman Prairie Flying Field Interpretive Center.
Travel Note - Third St. Bridge closure:
The Third Street Bridge will be CLOSED beginning Jan. 1, 2020 until approximately Oct. 2021. Visitors can use the Fifth St. Bridge or the Salem Ave. Bridge as detours from downtown Dayton. Follow detour signs, or see info in the footer below.
CURRENT LIMITED HOURS
Dayton's National Park :
TEMPORARY LIMITED HOURS DURING PHASE IN OPENING:
Open Wednesday through Sunday only
Hours: 10:00 am to 4:00 pm
Subject to change - for updates see the NPS facebook page at:
The park schedule changes due to inclement weather and seasonal hours during the fall/ winter months.
The above hours apply only to the Wright Dunbar Interpretive Center
The following will remain closed at this time:
• The Huffman Prairie Flying Field Interpretive Center
• The Paul Laurence Dunbar House Historic Site
• Park theater and conference room spaces.
• America’s National Parks bookstore and gift shop - SEE BELOW for alternative shopping opportunity.
TO SHOP in the meantime:
• As mentioned above, the National Parks bookstore and gift shop located in the Visitor Center is CLOSED until further notice. For an alternative to shop for items related to Dayton aviation history check out the various gift shops at the individual trail sites (see links to their websites on the Trail Sites page).
• For a large online collection of many Wright Brothers items and other aviation gifts & souvenirs (and more) see the Dayton History website store:
* During inclement weather, Dayton Aviation Heritage National Historical Park follows the opening/closure decisions of Wright-Patterson Air Force Base. For up to date operating status information during inclement weather, visit the WPAFB Operating Status page. This information is updated daily. You can also call (937) 225-7705 for more information.
Or go to their physical gift shop at Carillon Historical Park, site #4 on the Aviation Trail, at 1000 Carillon Historical Park, Dayton, OH 45409, (937) 293-2841, just 2.9 miles and seven minutes from the Wright-Dunbar Visitor Center.